Count Down

Monday, June 15, 2015

Week 41 La Jutosa

Do you want to know something cool the package got here last week?  I got it last Tuesday.  That was pretty quick but it was for your birthday so happy early birthday.  Did you pick up you package at the office or did they mail it to you?  They brought it to our district meeting in Choloma.  What did the other elders think was it a big box and did you share anything.  No I will wait until my birthday, I don’t even know what’s in it, just that there’s rice crispy treats and the memory stick and razor that I took out, but I really haven’t looked inside yet. 


Tell us about a spiritual experience for the week? I think one of the most spiritual experiences of the week was talking with president because he is so spiritually uplifting.  Another spiritual experience has been to see our Branch Mission Leader and see how he is reactivating and beginning to fulfill his calling. It is very rewarding to know that the members are now starting to help us. The other spiritual experience was to hear that Hno R. is now an Elder and has the Melchizedek Priesthood, and that S. finally blessed the sacrament. 

How is the companionship going?  It is slowly getting a little bit better I just have to stay with a positive optimistic attitude and everything will turn out fine.  It could be the end because there are transfers in a week. We will see what the Lord wants but whatever he wants is good with me.

What did you do for P-day? We went to Puerto Cortes and we watched “Meet the Mormons” at the church. It was ok but I think that it would be better in English.  Then we went to Wendy’s and later I will buy food in the grocery store and then cut our hair.   This week we stay at Elder M. house one night, but I don’t remember where he is from. Where is their house what city and why were you sleeping there? It is in Choloma, we had to go to a conference at 9 in the morning and we didn’t want to have to wake up super early to get there.


Are there many fast food restaurants in Choloma?  We have a Wendy’s, Burger King, Churches Chicken, Pizza Hut, Costas Burgers, so there is quite a few places to eat. In Churches chicken they sell the fruit biscuits just like Carl’s Jr and I bought 3 of them on Wednesday. 

How many investigators are you teaching and do you have any baptismal dates setup. We have one investigator that has a date of 27 of this month but we will have to put it off a little longer and then if she gets baptized her brother can be baptized too. We also had another girl who is like 15 that just came up to us and said that she wants to get baptized and if she comes to church her older sister and her husband will come to church and I think that it could turn out as 3 baptisms. I like it when the person says that they want to be baptized and I didn’t even have to invite them, it has happened a lot in the mission so far. 

And this week I finally went and saw a dermatologist.   What did he say about your fungus?  The doctor said that it looked good, but it itches like none other.   It appears like I have an allergy to my flip-flops so I had to buy new ones.  He gave me a prescription for some pills and some really powerful anti fungus cream and a antibiotic cream for my foot.  He gave me a prescription for some pills and some really powerful anti fungus cream and a antibiotic cream for my foot.  How much did the dermatologist cost?  I don’t know, but the treatment was 200 dollars in pills and creams.  Did you use the debit card to pay?  No I put it on the mission’s credit.   Do you need to pay for it or does the mission foot the bill?   The mission and they have good insurance.


What was the pail of eggs for and is that a pepper in you hand or what.  that is a pail of eggs that were forming in the hens when they killed them.   Were you killing chickens for dinner or how did you find them?  No this was with one of the members. How many chickens was he killing?  They killed, like 30 so she could sell them. They gain 30 lempiras to get them and wash them and remove the feathers. We ate one in a soup for dinner that she gave to us.   Do they use the egg stuff after they kill the chickens?  They eat the eggs.  So they get paid 1.50 to kill the birds.  Yes that’s what they gain but you have to remember that they have to sale them too. Remember that Brenda Flores talked about hen soup; this is what they use in that.   Is this the only income for the family?  I think it could be they are looking for work in a maquilla.,


The other green thing is called Paterna it is really sweet you only eat the white furry stuff.   Its really sweet and I like it. I also tried some crazy pears that grow here in Honduras.



Was that the first scorpion you have seen?  Yes the first scorpion that I saw and killed it is in the house of some members. Their bed is right below where the scorpions are usually found.


Why are the cows so thin, isn't there lots of grass?  There huge you just can’t tell from the pictures


Have you done any divisions this week?  We did divisions with some elders and my comp did a baptismal interview this day. 


How is your money holding up this month?  Great i saved 400 limps from the last 15 days.   Did you buy bacon?  I will today. 

Have you had any rain there?  Yes many of the streets have flooded and we have to cross rivers in the streets that are like 2 feet deep and 15 feet wide.   Are your shoes getting soggy as well?  Sometimes but I dry them for like 3 days before using them I take the insoles out and everything. I guess we better not complain about our rain here in Utah.  Yes because here it could take out a house fast. 


Are you doing any service for people with the rains?  I’m going to put in a fence post this week.   Who for and how many?  For a inactive member we have been working with, she doesn’t have a husband and she has 3 kids, one of them is like 16 and she is handicapped. 

Tell Joan that I hope everything will go well and that I will have her in my prayers. 

Is there anything that you want?  I want a book to remember calculus.  But I want a whole book to remember because I always have questions in my mind and I cant’ remember if I am doing them right. Wow I had to teach how to do long division like a week ago and it was hard to teach.


Ok that sounds good. Love you all I don’t have any more time.  Love you too, have a good week.  See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment