Count Down

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Week 89 SPS

How was your week? My week was normal it was tiring but it was worth the effort.

What was the funniest thing that happened this week? I asked elder E. what funny things happened this week. I couldn’t think of any. One thing that was cool this week is we went shopping in the second hand part of SPS where you can buy used clothing. We went into one store and we found some suits for sale for 100 HNL (4.43 US Dollars) and they still had the Deseret industries tag on them. At this same store I purchases a new shirt, a Nike dry fit shirt that cost 2 bucks.

What did they determined caused the fire? Well I still don’t have the official report form the fire department but I talked with the guy in charge and he said that the diagnostic is accidental and they think that it was caused because they left a fan plugged in and running but there is nothing official until I have the document in my hands.

How is your replacement doing? He is learning slowly.  But he understands after I explain it. It is hard to teach someone all that I have learned in eight months in four weeks.  Are you still doing most of the driving or have you turned that over?  I have turned everything over.   Where is Elder E. planning on going to school after his mission?  He wants to go to USU.  His grandma lives in our Stake.  Is Elder P. leaving the office with you?  He should, his replacement will get here next week.  So the AP’s get less training?  The replacements are here for an extra day or two. Will you and elder P. go out and eat this week if you can?  Oh, we will have time.  Where are you planning on eating?  I don’t know but I think sushi.  Do you think the Pres. D will take you out before transfers?  We have lunch and dinner on Wednesday with him. 

When will you find out about your airplane tickets? I have no idea. I asked my companion and he hasn’t said anything. But I am pretty sure that it will be really soon that we will receive them.

What are you studying in the scriptures? This week I have read some different things. One day I ended up studying about sacrifices and it was interesting to learn how pure the animal had to be, and then I studied a little about Christ’s sacrifice. Then I read about the united order.

How has the weather been? It has been extremely hot lately. It is so hot that it has been hard for me to sleep. I am just hoping that my next area has air conditioning or that the house is at least below a large shade tree.

UPS is a rip off the package price was 54 dollars to ship but what are they thinking on the taxes.  Well the taxes are only 200 HNL but they want 3600HNL in fees for the service that they offer to get it out of customs.  So Chris needs to call his shipping guy and put the pressure on them for the crooks in Honduras?  No I am trying to figure out if I can do the process of the import by myself.

What did you do today for p-day?  We went to MAHECO and we just walked around my comp bought a calculator watch and E P. bought a hat and I bought the shirt.  When are transfers?  That is on Wednesday the 1st.  Next Saturday will be my last p-day on Saturday; I will not get to email you the week after, it will be the following Monday.

Are you really going to pack that cast iron pan around?  It looks nice.  Yes I only have one more area. I think that I will lock it up in a cabinet here in the office. Yes I purchased the blue one. It was like 1500HNL (66$) originally 4500HNL (200$). 
I bought it in Diunsa it is a huge store here.

Did you go and eat anywhere fun this week?  No but I ate sushi in the mall this week. 

Are you going to wash all of your clothes before transfers incase you don't have a washing machine in the new area?  Well I don’t know. I think I am going to give a lot of my clothes away because I have too much stuff I need to start getting rid of some of it.  Don't start cleaning out to early you have a lot of time left to work.  I think I have three pairs of Levi pants that I have not worn the whole mission. 

Are you still using the insurance excel sheet that you designed?  Yes.

Have they told the sister missionaries they could wear pants yet?  No because we don’t know, it says in authorized missions and we don’t know if this is an authorized mission. I feel that Zika has already passed, and I haven’t seen many cases lately here in Honduras.

Is the doctor still on track for her baptism, did she come to church?  No she didn’t come to church but she can still be baptized on the 28th if she comes to church this Sunday.  Does her husband know that, and is he going to make it happen?  Yes he even scheduled his interview so he can baptize her.

Do you ever get ice cream there?  Yes we eat at gelato some time.  But we just ran out of time. Love you all and look forward to talking to you all next week.

Elder Olsen


No comments:

Post a Comment