Count Down

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Week 75 SPS

Is the baptism still on for next week? No we haven't been able to teach her everything because she is busy, during her first year as a doctor she has to work all the time and she is always on call, which means she works always. Sometimes they make her work 36 hours straight. Its crazy but she is also studying at the same time to have a specialty.

Do you have a release date?  Officially it has now been set as the 18 of August.  There is one sister that will be leaving at the same time.

How is the new companion? Do you want to be a lawyer now or does he argue every point. He is interesting he is really nervous all the time and he is really stressed out, but he is calm so it’s good. I am not sure if he is actually a lawyer but he has graduated from the university with some degree and I think that he wants to further study in law, I am not sure but I will find our one of these days.  Does he speak English? Where is he from?  How is being in a threesome? He doesn't speak English and he is from Panama, he is pretty cool but does some weird things.   He puts so many creams on before going to bed I just couldn’t believe it. Its really hard to be in a threesome just thing about it there is never combos to split three ways there always to be split 2 ways like a pizza 3 people cant eat from one pizza you have to buy two so in some ways its difficult.

What was one of the most interesting things that happened this week?  I think that the most interesting thing that happened this week was one of the area 70 came to our house and also one of the ex mission presidents and the man in charge of the assets of the church (He is from Utah and he reports to the presiding bishopric) here in central America, came to our house to look at it because they want to get it ready to sell. This would mean we would live in an apartment. We will see how fast this is. Hopefully it is in the next month that would mean new car, new house with hot water and it would just be a great month.  If they move you to an apartment, will it be in the same area or closed to the office?  We would be in the same area, I think.   It will all end up being president’s decision.  Well the house was clean; we had cleaned it really well. They saw that there were a lot of problems (condition of the house wasn’t that bad, almost everything is normal wear and tear), they just need to find a budget to fix it and then I am sure that they will make us move to renovate and sell it.   Would you be in charge of finding a new apartment?  Yes I would look for it. I might begin to look for a house for all 6 of us to live in, that would be big enough for the new missionaries, but it all depends on what the area says and what president wants to do. They suggested the new missionaries would stay in a hotel their first night, but that would be really expensive and the new missionaries are crazy, they would destroy it without supervision.  It would cost more to rent hotel rooms than pay to rent a large house.   Real estate here in Honduras does not make sense; things cost more than they are worth.

What was your spiritual experience for the week? Well I think that my spiritual experience this week has been small ones mainly being that I have been trying to be better with keeping a study journal so I can look back on what I have learned in the chapters I read in the B of M. I have been writing my notes on a post-it note, and then I stick them into my scriptures.   When I am done, I will have a post it book. It is amazing to see how much more one can get out of their scripture study by simply taking notes. 

Is President acting excited to finally be close to finished his mission?  At times yes and at times no: Overall I think they will be excited because they won’t have to worry about so many things.

As the financial sec., has any new problems happened this month?  Not much, it has been really calm, I have almost finished everything for the whole month.  So are you getting so efficient that your work is done by the middle of the month?  No I still have a lot to do but it is just nothing important.  Have you learned a lot about finance?  Yes, I think if someone made the programs, I could keep track of everything.  The church has a program, but it just doesn’t have all the needed items.  Your uncle works for the church.  Yes he does, and it doesn’t seem to be such a bad job to work for the church especially in third world countries, I would do it for a while if the opportunity opened up.

How is the weather?  Its cold here, super cold.

What did you do for p-day?  We went shopping and that was it.


Well sounds good, I don't have any time left, we have to go to our area because at 7 we will be leaving to go to a baptism in Santa Ana, one of my old areas.   My new comp was there when they took him out and a man said he wouldn't get baptized if my companion would not be there, so we are going if that means a baptism. I will be able to see some of the converts there as well, which will be great.   

No comments:

Post a Comment