Count Down

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Week 59 SPS

How are you enjoying your new companionship?  Where is he from? Elder M. is from Boise Idaho, and my other comp is Elder C. is from Peru. It is very interesting to be in a trio and sometimes it makes things harder because there are 3 of us that are teaching the lessons and it gives a lot of time in between when one can talk.

How hard is the job? Well it is pretty hard just because its all over the place dealing with houses, all the missionary cards, medical bills and anything else that the mission could need, oh and we have to reimburse people when they spend their money so its a lot of making sure that things are perfectly balanced. For me the hardest part had been not getting bored while I am sitting in the bank for hours on end. This week I have been in a bank for over 8 hours and that was only 2 visits. Yes someone always goes with me.  How is your Spanish in dealing with the banks and other businesses?  Well I need to learn some new words but I will get there.  Do you think you will like this responsibility?  Yes it will be fun.

We have to travel like 15 minutes to get to the mission office. And sometimes we have to go really far, for example, on Tuesday we travel from Puerto Cortes to Yojoa.  Do you always travel by the truck now?  Who usually drives?  We travel by truck and by taxi sometimes. I have driven a few times but I still don’t know where everything is.

Do you have air conditioning? Yes there is air conditioning in the office and in the car when we are driving. In our house there is not air-conditioning and thank goodness because the water and light price would be way high. Do you have a washer and dryer?  We don’t have a washer or dryer but there is a sister that washes the clothes for us.  We don’t pay her to wash clothes we just bought the soap and she washes them for us.  What do you eat?  We eat lunch at the mall quite often.  I have eaten Subway’s, Wingers and we also eat at a place by the office that sells grilled chicken.  How are your finances with all the eating out?  Do any members feed you at night? Sometimes we get fed at night. I might take some money out because we are going to go to the Costco equivalent here and I want to buy some good foods.

Who are the AP’s and where are they from?  My comp will be elder C. from Peru. He is learning English he doesn’t speak it.  How long has Elder C. been in the office?  He has been here 1 transfer.   How long will you be training? Until changes so like 10 more days and then the old secretary will be transferred. Elder M. has been the secretary 8 months.  He has 8 months left on his mission. The AP’s are: 
Elder J. from Colorado and Elder T. from Mexico 

What was your spiritual experience for the week? Well the most spiritual experience this week has to have been that I am learning these things fast and it is a lot. I know that the Lord is helping me so that I will be able to do all that is necessary in this assignment. And it is also very fun to see president around all of the time. I had to call him a lot because we always need permission to do financial things and I always have to bug him for signatures on everything.

What is your ward name? Jardines Del Valle. Do you have any investigators? We have many investigators and they all understand what we explain. The hard part is this is the rich area and everyone is traveling all of the time so it makes it a little hard to find him or her at home. We taught one man last night that like 8 years ago investigated the church and he had begun to work so he didn't go. But he expressed a great desire to change because he had really felt a difference during this time not going to the church.

What did you do for p-day? Today I cleaned the fridge and organized the food in the kitchen cabinets.  We also ate at Carls JR.


How many new missionaries are you getting in two weeks do you have to set up bank accounts and everything for them before they get there?  We get 15 and the church sets everything up.

Well my time is up. I really liked the videos of the VW, thanks for starting it for me, and keeping it going.  Love you all and have a good week. Send me some pictures of the garage door and whatever else you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment