Count Down

Monday, September 7, 2015

Week 53 La Jutosa

Tell us about the spiritual experience of the past week? The most spiritual experience that we had this week was during a branch activity. We set up the church like an airplane, there was a TV and then the airplane crashed and everyone died. Then we went through all of the phases acted of the plan of salvation. I had to act like I was in the terrestrial kingdom in a room that didn’t have a fan or lights so it was a hot one.   My comp was an angel and he took them from room to room. When the last group of people was going through, I followed them to the Celestial kingdom and there wasn’t anyone that would say that the spirit wasn’t there. There was a family dressed in white and there was light and even air conditioning. The spirit was very strong and many of the investigators that came felt the spirit here. 


Where did you go for p day and what did you eat? Pizza Hut again? No today we couldn’t call anyone because our cellphone stopped working.   It said we had run out of minutes but we still had many left. We just ended up getting our haircut and going to Choloma and we ate in La Antorcha in Costas Burgers it wasn’t very good I don’t think that I will go back there. After that we went shopping with Elder B. just walking the streets until he found a backpack he liked. 

How many investigators did you have at church?  We had 2 investigators at church this week. Hno P. R. and D. M. Hno P. is a older man but he has like 10 children and he goes to an evangelic church we have been sharing everything with him and he has a desire to learn more and get baptized. He liked church and he also came to an activity that the branch had this week called the Avion. Hna A. M. is a young girl, we haven’t even taught her but she has just been coming we will see if soon we can get some more of her family to church to teach them. 


Who is the man on the horse?  The man on the horse is J. de D. his is the brother of Hno P. R., the investigator that came to church on Sunday.  Did J. cook the tamales last week?  No that was with his daughter and his uncle. What does J. do for work?  He works in the mountains and grows things.  Then does he sale the things he grows on the roadside or in a store?  He just eats what he grows it seems like and brings down a lot of firewood. Does the horses carry the wood or does he carry it on his back?  Both of them, he carries some and so does the horse.   He wanted me to get on the horse, but I told him no.  How far away are the mountains from you?  We lie in the mountains, like 5 minutes to the close ones and like 3 hours if we want to go really deep into the fields.  Do most of the men come home each night, or do they stay in the mountains the whole week? It depends, many have little huts in the mountains and some come back.

Do you think you will be going to a new area in the next transfers? I really think that I will have changes and will go to another area.   I have been in la Jutosa for a long time I would like some new surroundings after 4 months of walking the same streets it gets a little boring. We will see next Monday. 

Did the hymnbooks arrive? My hymnbooks haven’t gotten here yet but I think that they might come tomorrow. I asked the secretary if he has seen the box and if not to look for it for me. 

Did the branch president make it to church this week and how were your church meetings? The branch president made it to church this week and we had good meetings. First of all it was fast Sunday and at like 7 in the morning the power went out so there wasn’t fans or speakers at church so it was extremely hot but the good part was the president said its really hot today were not going to have relief society or priesthood meetings today, go home, rest and break your fasts. C. the recent convert fasted again and that was really neat to see. But we ended up eating well “ times for lunch and 1 dinner. Isn't it funny that Elder Cruz was complaining about having Steak twice? Yes that was funny but He needs to learn how to eat, I have we eat sometimes as much has 2 lunches and 3 dinners and I enjoy it usually. And you have not gained any weight.  No I still weigh under 160.  I ripped one of my pants again but that’s fine because it still works, I think my clothing will last and if not I will have someone sew me some new pants here.  We sent you a surprise pair of pants in the package we mailed last Wednesday so hopefully they fit.  We will see I am thinner. 


Tell us your food adventures of the week? This week we didn’t do anything too weird. The only new thing that we ate was sugar cane. We taught an inactive sister on Saturday night and she offered soda and we told her we were fasting so she said I will give you guys something for tomorrow and she got a machete and she cut down a sugar cane so we ate sugarcane after we finished our fast. It was interesting and I froze some and it is better to chew on when it is almost frozen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment