Count Down

Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 25 Santa Ana Ward

Tell us about a family you have been teaching. We have a lot of people that we are teaching. We think that this area is just giving away free baptisms. We have planned to have a baptism every week or more. We have two investigators with a baptism date right now and one will be baptized in the next week. One of them is Hna A. R. and she has been a active member her whole life but we don’t think that she was ever confirmed and so we get to baptize her. Also Hna G. she is 11 and her grandma I think or her legal guardian is a member she has been going to the church for much time but hasn’t ever been baptized so she is the next and the rest will follow.

Did you have any baptisms this weekend? No we didn’t have any baptisms this week.
Are you working with any in-actives in your ward? Lots I asked for the list of members and well there are like 400 inactive members. I like to look for them because they are impossible to find because there is really no address system here. There really aren’t even house numbers, or street names. 


What have you been studying this week?  I have been studying the conference talks and well I really like it.   I have also been studying the plan of salvation and it is really interesting to see why things are this way. Why there is opposition in all things. 

Has your companion bought him a hammock yet? No I bought a hammock this week, it was 6 dollars and well it is pretty nice but it is a little small because it hasn’t been stretched out yet.

What is a spiritual experience for the week? We were teaching G. and it was a really good lesson we talked a lot and the spirit was really strong. I can’t describe it but she is ready to be baptized and well she will have the opportunity in a couple weeks. We just taught the basics and she could tell us the doctrine really good. She already has a testimony so it will be a lot easier for her to gain a stronger testimony. 

Tell us about a funny thing that happened to you this week. Yes we had a bird that came in to the house. Well first I was washing my clothes and the bird hit me in the back 2 times. After I finished washing and we left the door of the house open and the bird came in to the house and well we played with it a while. It was very funny because it returned the next day at the same time. 


How has the weather been?  It has been cold and hot it changes back and forth on Thursday it rained all day and we went to the Lempira which is along ways from our house and there is just step paths and a lot and I mean a lot of mud. Lempira is the name of the money but also it is a lugar in our area it is a neighborhood called the Lempira and it is far from here like 25 minutes walking. Are there ward members that live here?  Is it up a hill?  Yes it is up a hill and it is a long steep hill. There are a few ward members and there is an inactive hna that has come to the church because we invited her we think that her kids will be some of the next baptisms. 

Was your companion ok with not being moved last week?  Yes he was fine with it; he wanted to stay because I think that this is one of the best areas one could have.

No I haven’t had to speak in church. This Sunday was the conferencia of the stake.

How is the hospital that dad is in? The hospital that we went to with my companion was nicer than the hospital in Logan. There are some pictures of Dad’s Hospital on drop box.  Dad said that there was a gas explosion in the market a few days ago with 69 injured.  Dad said what they showed on TV was very graphic.  Yes there is no filter on the TV.   If there is something dead or dying they are graphic photos. I found the pictures of dad in drop box. It doesn’t even look like the Honduras that I know.

Do you see R. often?  A motorcycle hit R. and he is now with a lady that is caring for him for 3 months. He sleeps outside on something that isn’t a mattress and he has a huge bruise and the other knee was destroyed and has a huge cast. But he is doing ok. He has a little of an infection but I hope it will all end well. It’s really interesting; I can almost understand his hand motions. 

For p day we washed a dog and we went and ate in the terminal.  Why did you wash the dog?  Because it was really dirty, we even cut some of the hair because we think there were some fleas or something weird. Whose dog was it; do you have another pet besides a bird?  It is the dog of the hna that gives us pollo con tajadas. Her name is Hna M. Glad you wore Baggies on your hands.  Yes we weren’t going to touch the dog. It was a little gross especially when the dog started to shake. 

I think that I saw the bus line that dad will be traveling on today.  Make sure that he doesn’t put any this really important under the bus. Ok I will let him know that.  Will it be bad to have the TSA lock on it?  No make sure that there is one on it.

Well I don’t have any more time to talk but I will write some letters. Thanks for all that you have done for me, and all the things that you will do for me, as my family. Have another good week without boys in the house. And don’t forget to read your scriptures and don’t just read, them look at every single footnote that you can.


Love Elder Olsen and tell dad to be safe in his travels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment