Count Down

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Week 46 La Jutosa


For p-day we went to the beach and we played volleyball, it was pretty fun. Although I got sunburned I liked it.   We came back and ate at Wendy’s and we are now writing. 



How was the teaching this week? Are you having success? We have two sisters that are progressing very well they came to church last week and they loved it. They didn’t come this week because there was a drunk outside of their door all night bothering them, so they didn’t sleep all night long so they slept in. But they are very good there always reading thinking and praying, they are 22 and 24 years old and they really want to know if what we have taught is true. They have a baptism date for the 8th of August and will be ready by then. 

What was the spiritual experience of the week? I think that the most spiritual experience this week was talking in church. I have had to talk 3 times here and I have had to talk on missionary work, it has gotten really hard not to talk on the same things over and over again. So I was feeling sick and I had to write my talk so I sat down an just said a prayer and thought for like 2 hours on what I was going to talk about and I decided I was going to talk about home teaching because that doesn’t exist here and it is something that the branch needs to grow. I just felt the spirit telling me what I should talk on. The talk went good and I gave it and I know that it was what I should talk about. 


Are the parents of the boy you baptized interested in the church? The parents aren’t interested in the church he only has a mom and all of his brothers are from different men. I. is always happy. We have been working with his sister and she has potential to get baptized, she just needs to come to church a few more times. The mom sells cable subscriptions and she works on Sundays, she makes commission and has to charge the people, Sunday is when all of the people are in there houses so she says she cant come to church. 

Did you eat any new food this week? This week I ate no new food I almost didn’t want to eat at all. I have had a super bad stomachache and diarrhea for a while and then I got a fever on Saturday and Sunday so I am taking some pills now.   I think I will have to get a test to see if I have parasites or an infection. So I am just staying hydrated and I will start the tests tomorrow because they take 3 days of tests I have to give them a sample every day and they will tell me what I have.  Do you have to travel down to Choloma for the tests?  I think I will go to San Pedro for the tests.  Please make sure and drink plenty of water.  I am drinking some stuff I had to buy in the pharmacy and a Jumex type drink that is good to hydrate.  I am taking 2 pills ones an antibiotic with digestive enzymes and the other I’m not sure.  Did you get it from a pharmacist?  No the mission nurse told me what to buy. Is the mission nurse Hermana M.?  She is the next mission nurse the one right now is Hna R.  Do you still have a fever?  No I have been taking acetaminophen; I don’t know what it is in English.   How long does it take to get you San Pedro?  It takes like 30 minutes to get from Choloma to SPS.

Your companion has a picture of a bucket with water in a shower, is that the water that comes out of the tap?  Yes that was water from the tap and sometimes I gut stuck drinking that water in some people’s house.  Grandma says tell them you are fasting. Yeah well they don’t tell you what you’re drinking until after.


Did you do any service this week?  No I don’t think so. But this week we are going to go into the mountains and get firewood. 

Did you ever help the man with his bees?  No I don’t want to play with bees.  Its crazy, 1 liter of honey here costs 60 limps or 3 dollars.  Yes its super cheap here and it smells good, it’s not packaged very well though they just clean out alcohol bottles and re-use them because they’re cleaner. 

We might get the inside of our house painted and we will get some new hose valves for the kitchen and shower.  Today was the first real picture we have seen of that house, those ceilings are high, is your bedroom in the same room as your kitchen.  No we have 2 bedrooms 1 bathroom a kitchen and a dining room.  So do you still have to sleep in the same bedroom?  Yes we have to sleep in the same bedroom.

Do you ever sleep in your hammock?  No I sleep on the bed. I have had a really old mattress so I called the mission secretary and told him we needed new ones. We should get new mattresses this Wednesday. I felt like I was sleeping over the  Grand Canyon.  The mattress has the biggest divot I have ever seen in a mattress.  It bows like 6 inches in the middle, and it hurts my back.  Do you have fleas in the beds?  No I don't think so, if we do I don't know.  I have only found one tick on my arm one time, but no fleas.  

It has been a really interesting week and it has been a struggle in many ways from being sick to not having light in the house sometimes at night.  This week it only went out once, but it seems to go out on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Its not like it just goes out an hour, it was out all night and when we woke up still nothing, when we left the house still no power.  Other than that it has been a good week, just trying to stay animated here is a little hard but I can deal with it.  That’s all my time is up.   Don’t forget about the Volkswagen in all of you not spare time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment