Count Down

Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 20 Santa Ana

Our house is the yellow house above the green house but its just one room.

Are your clothes coming clean from the washboard? Yes my clothes are coming clean I just don’t have all the time in the world to wash my clothes. I can get them real clean and even get all the black in the shirt collars out but it takes time.


How has the food been at the cook’s house?
It has been some of the best food that I have had in Honduras. She can cook and it’s really good. And the best part is the husband has an obsession with the hand made drinks so we get lemonade and other crazy drinks a lot. 

How many investigators are you teaching?
We have 10 investigators or so. Many have potential some don’t have that much but we will keep trying until we feel we have given them enough chances.

Has the blind man been around anymore? First of all the man isn’t blind rather he can’t speak or he just doesn’t speak. I found out where he lives its not that nice but I will send you a picture of it in the coming week. He goes by the name R. and there are many videos of him on YouTube because he is outright hilarious. I have given him some food and a can of pop.


What was the spiritual experience of the week? I think it was a lesson that we had with Hno. E. This was the first investigator that actually completes the study portion in the pamphlets. It was amazing to see the power of the Book of Mormon. Because we really didn’t teach anything he just explained to us how he came to his conclusion and answered all his own questions. Just so you know this man is a vender of all the different Bibles and he likes to examine Bibles but the Book of Mormon he was impressed with the power of this book. I felt like I didn’t even talk in the lesson because he was the one teaching and everything he taught was truth. We taught one family called family Orellana and my comp told me to ask them about the state of their wedding because the man had separated but wasn’t divorced and for some reason they couldn’t do something. Well it was a mess but we got the answer we were looking for that he wants to divorce and remarry and then we can baptize them. . How many people came to church this week? Just under 100 we think. Did you email Steven? Yes I sent him an email. Is he going good to leave tomorrow? 


 How did your week go? My week was really good.  So what did you do for p day?  We studied in the morning until 10 then we went to Via Nueva, which is where the Wendy’s is. We ate with some other elders and then we went to their stake center to play some basketball and then we came back here.  We are emailing in our stake center. Yeah Wendy’s was really good the first burger that was good here in Honduras it was the Baconator but it came with a price 149 lempiras. Do you wear Missionary clothing for P-day or shorts? We usually wear shorts but today were wore missionary clothes.

I slept in my hammock almost all this week and today I am going to put up my mosquito net because there are a lot of cases of the chickengunya and I don’t want to get it. Do you take pills everyday for malaria?  Do mosquitos bite you a lot?  I wear a lot of repellent it’s the only thing that is free in the mission. I don’t need any more screens. Well I guess I will just have to have faith that the mosquitoes aren’t going to bite me. Do you still do language study in the afternoons?  Yes when we have time. I like to study in the hammock because the metal chairs in the apartment are uncomfortable.


How are you getting along with your companion? Well he is awesome and we have a lot of fun we can even eat whenever we want because he is always hungry. He likes a lot of the tings that I like and well it is just fun. 

What was the funniest thing that happened this week? We were in a lesson and the recent convert told us that he liked a certain song so we were going to sing that song. So he sang the tune and it was so bad it wasn’t even music. So we decided to sing Until We Meet Again and well when we got the till we meet part we just stopped and ended the lessons because we couldn’t sing any more because it was so bad.

Have you had to speak in church yet? Oh yeah I forgot to tell you that I was just sitting in the congregation the past Sunday and they called me up because there was extra time to share my testimony. So it wasn’t that hard and well I hope I don’t have to do it again, 

Is the food any different that La Entrada? Yes it is more modernized and we have more variation but all if deep-fried. There are days that we don’t see beans and every meal in El Dorado had beans and tortillas.

Have received any letters yet? No I have not received any letters yet when did you send them. There were 2 packages of letters mailed before Christmas and then grandma sent one after hopefully you will get one this week. 

Are you eating a lot of fruit in the new area? Yes I eat 2 or 3 bananas every day. Have you seen any ripe mangos?  I have seen some but they eat green mangos with salt more. 

Nicole's relative was just transfered to Chamelecon his name is elder A.  He is from California he looks Latino from his blog but he his dad has red hair.  Have you met him? How often do you have district meetings? Yes I have met him he is in my district he seems really nice.

What are the different modes of transportation in the area?  A moto taxi is a open air 3 wheeled motorcycle. The rapidito is an 18-passenger van and the taxi is a small Toyota corolla or Honda civic. What is the best way to travel? Well there all good ways to travel it just depends on the distance. If you have to go a long ways take a rapidito if its not that far, a moto taxi or if you want to pay more a taxi 

Well ok. I guess I will go now. But have a good week and be safe. Tell all the neighbors hi. And tell thanks to all those that have emailed me. But I will have another short week in the mission it doesn’t even feel like a day in-between p days. But love you all and se cuidan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment