Count Down

Monday, December 15, 2014

Week 15 La Entrada

Are you still doing language study for 2 hours in the morning?   No we always study the language at 1 to 2 in the afternoon for only one hour It is very rare that we get the full hour, we are lucky to get 30 minutes.

What did you do for p day. We went on a tour of the Panificadora la popular Company, (a large baking facility in La Entrada) it was very interesting, I was impressed with their equipment, most of it was name brand, but there is a lot more manual labor here than in the U.S. We saw ovens that were about a football field long. We went on this tour with hno  W. our branch mission leader who works there. Pretty much 1/2 the people in the Entrada work there, it is running 24 hours 7 days a week and they sell a lot, close to 6000, I would think.   We only say the bread and pastries part.



Hmn W. 


The rest of the day we spent wandering in the stores and whatever we wanted, it was pretty fun. We ate lunch at Pollo Express. I found these amazing pans while walking in a store today, check them on out on line.




What was the spiritual experience of the week? I think the most spiritual experience happened last night. We were walking home to our apartment and well we saw a lady that was trying to fix something in the engine compartment of her car. We asked if she needed help and she said sure, the headlights weren’t working and she was checking the fuses. She had checked them all,  I pulled the biggest amp fuse out because usually this is the lights, and it looked okay.  I reinstalled it and the lights started working, there was just a bad contact. We ended up talking to her and found out that she goes to the church next to the LDS church. We ended up in their house and talked about Navidad (Christmas), we are going to go back next week. I think the most spiritual thing is seeing how the Lord puts us in the right places at the right time to help people and find people who are ready to receive the gospel. We took the long way to our house I don’t know why, but I do know why, it was to find this family.


How was the food this past week Well for me the food this past week has been good there has been no problems. Sister S. fed  us pork in a sauce and vegetables, I think it was the best pork I have had yet in Honduras.  There are a lot of bananas and pretty much all other of fruit types, except ripe mangos. 

How was the trip to San Pedro did you feel safe on the way how long did it take. Yes the trip took about 2.5 Hours the zone chartered a bus so it was fun. I like San Pedro Sula, we went to a grocery store called Junior's  and it was way nice.   It was similar to the United States grocery stores but things were a little more expensive.   I bought some really good chocolate bars.  

How is the MP3 player working? It works good.   Now I just need to figure out how to put the hymns on it.  We have a small DVD player to watch church videos. All of the baptism dates have fallen through but we have a child of a member that we will baptize before Christmas most likely.
  
What is the new door approach that you are using?  Does it have a name? Yes the church started a thing for Christmas called “He is the gift” and at every door and every person we contact we start with the Navidad “Chistmas” and ask them about their traditions and stuff and then we talk about how Jesus Christ was the gift and how he established an iglesia. We then talk about the restoration, it works great. We have received many new investigators with this, as well as invitations for food during the Christmas week. 


I will be having a lot of fun we don’t have a stove in our house, one of the wires melted and I fixed it, but my comp won’t let me use it because he says it is dangerous.  See, all of that VW wiring experience paid off.

What will you be doing for Christmas?  We are going to individual houses for dinner. We have a ward dinner that we are in charge of this Saturday, so I will send pictures. I am cooking 50 pounds of beef, the other stuff is potluck, we have a budget of under 2500 lempiras or less so it will be fun.  We were cooking hamburgers but I will be cooking carne asada.  I think we will have to season the meat when I buy it.


Have a good week and be safe, I am thankful for all that you do. I was just looking at how many days until the next transfer and I realized me, or my companion, is likely to be transferred so I only have 18 days more with him.   I am kind of sad, but all is good. I am thankful for all that you guys have done for me. Tell everyone that I love them. Until next week. Elder Olsen



No comments:

Post a Comment