Count Down

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Week 2 in the Guatemala MTC

What has been the funniest thing that happened this week?
The funniest thing that happened this week well there wasn’t anything that funny, well I will tell you what the funniest thing was this week. We got to leave the ccm and go shopping for an hour, that’s the only thing that bothers me is that the whole ccm property is smaller than our yard. 
Today we went to the market and I finally purchased a razor but the blades I have don’t fit on it but it was the only good one at the store that I saw it cost 54 quetzal (7 dollars) It was starting to hurt to shave because it was dull, so I had some razor burn but now it will go away. My nose hasn’t had any problems because of the humidity.  Also at the market today the teacher that went with us wouldn’t let us buy coke and she had no idea why we couldn’t but Dr. Pepper was fine. Some of the people down here have weird standards.  I didn’t even get soda.  I didn’t want to spend my money. I didn’t even speak Spanish at the stores.  When we got back to the ccm and the President C. said you could buy whatever you want. The ccm president is fun he cares a lot and you get to talk with him a few times a day you wouldn’t have that at many other mtc’s


What was the most spiritual thing that happened this week?
All of the elders that left this week piled into a room this and sang a couple songs and had a prayer that was one of the most spiritual times. 

How is your stomach adjusting to the food?
For the most part I think my stomach is doing fine, some of the people are plugged for a week or more, but not me yet lets hope it doesn’t happen.


There is a Hurricane heading up passed Mexico, are you seeing anything from it?
No I haven’t seen anything unusual, but I have seen a lot of clouds just the normal though. Every day it rains. 


How often will you get new people into the ccm?
We get new people in the ccm every 2 weeks but there is not that many coming in the next groups. Come December there is only 4 people assigned to the ccm so it will close down for a while. We just have new missionaries arriving now. We have a whole room with 8 beds for ourselves right now but we will see as more arrive tonight and tomorrow.  That should help your Spanish improve pretty quickly

Yeah there is new elders walking into the computer room right now to send their email to their parents saying they made it here safely
Yeah at least I could find the at key this alth thing to type these fancy letters is hard .


What is your typical day like?
Typical day wake up at 6.30
eat breakfast at 7.30
Personal study 1 hour
Companion study 1 hour 
Teach a lesson to an investigator 
More instruction 
12.45 lunch 
 Then we repeat that schedule again at night.  We study Spanish every day.
We have two teachers and they have been good.   I have one teacher that is obsessed with sitting well after 4 hours in a chair she expects you not to slouch at all I hate these chairs.


How is the language coming?
The language is coming slowly but I can understand almost all Spanish when it is spoken to me I just can’t speak back very well. 

How was your first fast Sunday, how many meals do they expect you to fast for?  Does the kitchen even open up?

We fasted for 24 hours, dinner to dinner, but the food was good after the fast. 

I will be halfway done with the ccm at the end of this week well more than half way so it is going fast.  I’m just looking forward to getting out of the ccm and having room to move


I am still intrigued with the temple here, the celestial room is in the center and almost everything is attached to it. To get to the sealing rooms you have to go through the celestial room.



No comments:

Post a Comment